I got up at 4:30 this morning to go to the bathroom. Why am I telling you this? Because I am one of those people that cannot go back to sleep once I’m up. I’m out of the bed…I’m wide awake. So I present you with the Crafty Boy list of things to do when your day begins at 4:30 A.M.
1. Channel surf. There is nothing on at this ungodly hour!
2. Clean. Yeah…that’s gonna happen.
3. Crochet an earflap hat that’s a special order for one of Mom’s co-workers. Cool. I need it done by 9:30. No problem! Everybody at Mom’s work seems to want earflap hats. This lady wants one with a hole in the back to stick her ponytail through. Okey-dokey. Got it done with time to spare!
4. Take a hot bath. Aaaaaahhhhh!!!
5. Clean. Nope..still ain’t happening.
6. Finish off all the needed yellow squares for the SisterCare afghan. I decided to make the rest of the squares and then join them together later. All the yellow ones are done. Now I need 5 more orange and 6 more variegated.
7. Read a bit. Hey! I’m almost through with my book!
8. Clean. Naw.
9. Start another afghan for SisterCare. okay,I now. I still have 11 more squares to go before the first one is near done,but I found about this really neat technique called Interlocking Filet Crochet. Gotta try this out! Swatch it? Please! I go straight for an afghan! I’m using some Navy and Baby Blue from my limited stash. I only have two skeins of each,but it should be enough for a child’s blanket. I’m up to the 5th row on this one.
This is a alot easier than it looks,though the base rows are a bit if a bitch. To find out more about this technique,go to
Waving to Dick and Kevin for turning me onto this technique!
10. Clean. Will you please shut up about cleaning?!?
11. Start another earflap hat. This one is knitted and using the same pattern from an earlier post. Need it done by Saturday morning for a sale.
12. Work on my blog.
13. Go to bed and try to get a good night’s sleep.
See ya’ll later!!