Early this morning I was digging through my closet looking for a specific shirt that i wanted to wear to work,when I found some yarn that i had spun years ago and forgot about. I was ecstatic!! This yarn is a Merino/Coopworth blend that I had gotten from the Woolery and spun on my Louet drop spindle. I had plied it into a worsted weight yarn,and ended up with two 4 ounce skeins. I had no plans for it at the time,and it ended up being boxed away.
Well,once i was home from my day,I pulled out my dye pot and 4 packages of Kool-Aid. That’s right,the experiment was to continue! I had 2 packages each of Grape and Strawberry. First I soaked the yarn in some luke warm water.
It kinda looks like a big bowl of noodles,don’t it? Anyway,while the yarn soaked,I filled my dye pot with water and 2 packs of the Kool-Aid. After bringing it to an almost boil,I poured the dye bath into a bowl and set the yarn into it. There it sat until the water was clear. The yarn was then rinsed to release any remaining dye. The yarns were then hung on hangers over my shower rod so as to dry.
The grape one didn’t turn as purple as I had hoped. it’s more of a brownish tint,but I’m satisfied with it.
The strawberry is the one I’m really happy with! It;s a knida pink/red that really looks nice. Neither yarn took the dye as well in certain areas,which is an unexpected bonus for me,as it gives a shaded look that I think will add to whatever project the yarns are used for. Right now I’m thinking on a felted purse.
The rest of the day,I’ve worked on the Camo blanket and will have the length part done this evening. Then it’ll be put away until Monday. I’ll be using tomorrow for the Round Ripple and resting on Sunday. Last night I churned out his little beauty…
It’s a variation on my “Christine’s Dishcloth” pattern. Everything is the same except that I changed color every 2 rows. I really like the way it turned out!!
Well,that’s it for today. I’ll be back later!! Peace and love!!